By: Ernesto Durán ()
- 1200 g of sheep meat
- 2 sprigs of mint
- 1 pound medium potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- freshly ground pepper
- Place the sprigs of mint over the meat, sprinkle with oil, salt and pepper and sear over high heat in a saucepan.
- Pass it to a dish and cook in a preheated oven at medium-high heat for an hour.
- Hot lamitad of lamantequilla in a pan and saute the potatoes until they start to brown.
- After 25 minutes of cooking the meat, add the potatoes to the source.
- Shred the remaining mint leaves and mix with remaining butter.
- Finished cooking, remove the meat and potatoes and mix with the cooking juices broth, reduce and stop at the last moment, incorporate the butter mixture and mint.
- Baste the meat with the sauce and serve. Bon appetit! This recipe usually prepared in the Cotopaxi province located north of central Ecuador.